Here is one of the latest efforts in the email to the future space. This one looks to be pretty well done, and if you have faith in the company, you can send mail as far into the future as 02035. The best part is the Useful and Not So Useful uses section…
- E-mail yourself reminders on important dates such as anniversaries, birthdays, valentines day, etc…
- E-mail yourself reminders on important dates such as when sporting or concert tickets go on sale.
- Remind yourself of an important due date in the future.
- Send yourself an Email at the end of the day to remind yourself to buy milk, eggs or any other errands that you may need to run.
- Maybe you saw something cool on the internet and want to send yourself the link in a couple of days.
- You can send a message to yourself several years in the future such as a list of goals that you would like to accomplish or where you would like to be in life.
Not So Useful Uses
- Email your boss an automated out sick message (while you’re at the beach!)
- Emailing yourself in the past. I haven’t quite figured out how to build the flux capacitor yet to time travel. Maybe soon though!!!
- Sending emails to addresses that don’t exist….. or is it?
- Sending yourself reminders for the wrong dates. If yo can’t correctly remember your anniversary, then you’re pretty much hosed.
- Sending an email to an address that you don’t plan on having when the e-mail is supposed to be sent. For instance. Don’t send an e-mail to your college e-mail account in 8 years unless you plan on having access to that account in 8 years. Chances are, you would have alredy graduated…. I hope ;)
More from Digital Dark Age —
Explore over two decades of long-term thinking
- Climate Change