The Interval at Long Now is adding another barista to the team!
We are designing a new coffee program that will explore contemporary coffee and tea culture. This requires someone with a love for making quality beverages, an enthusiasm for communicating with customers, and a willingness to continue experimenting and learning.
The Interval is the bar, cafe and museum home of The Long Now Foundation. You'll serve customers in a room full of books and elaborate machines, where we also host talks on a wide variety of topics. Customers are inquisitive and will require extra attention due to the uncommon nature of the space. We want someone who is excited about that!
To Apply: Send an email to email@example.com including:
Revive & Restore (a project of The Long Now Foundation, non-profit based in San Francisco) is seeking an entrepreneurial Project Coordinator to help us expand this bold initiative—to bring back extinct species and to apply genomic solutions to help endangered species. The ideal candidate will be interested in an innovative approach to conservation working with cutting edge scientists. A passion and/or background in genetics, biology and related sciences would be advantageous.
We are looking for someone with a wide range of project, administrative and communications skills and the ability to learn and grow with the job. Successfully supporting a dynamic Executive Director requires a pro-active approach, excellent planning and expert management of multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment. Interaction with international partners and scientists necessitates confidence, professionalism and grace.
This work is performed on-site (small private office in Sausalito). Hours will be a minimum of 32 hours a week, but could go to full-time if desired. Once well established, the Project Coordinator may be able to work part-time from their home location.
Daily Office responsibilities include:
• Responding to email inquiries from the public and re-directing email correspondence as appropriate
• Online research for special projects
• Managing general contact database and listservs
• Maintaining and organizing files (physical and digital archiving)
• Drafting correspondence for Executive Director
Communications, Media Relations:
• Responding to media inquiries and coordinating interviews
• Managing social media and posting updates
• Media tracking
• Creating newsletters to keep supporters informed using Mailchimp
• Managing several listservs using Mailman
• Update/coordinate website changes
• Coordinating with graphic designer as needed
• Editing and content development
• Reconciling expenses and credit card charges, entering payables, etc. (twice a month)
Event Planning & Execution:
• Periodically organizing special events (from science meetings with a dozen participants to larger public events and private fundraisers)
• Oversight of all logistics (budgeting, catering, meeting materials)
• Coordinating participant/ speaker travel arrangements (domestic and international)
• Coordinating outside vendors, subcontractors, and resources as needed
Fundraising and Development:
• Managing donor database (Salesforce.com)
• Tracking donations and writing acknowledgement emails
• Researching foundation funding opportunities
• Assistance in developing and writing proposals
• 5+ years of experience in a position requiring administrative and project coordination
• Ability to expertly triage priorities and multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Web-savvy with excellent research skills
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• A strategic and proactive approach with a can-do attitude
Required proficiency with:
• Mac products, and iCAL
• Microsoft Word
• Google docs and Google calendar
• Presentation tools – PowerPoint and Keynote
• Relevant experience in life sciences
• Background in conservation, biology and biotech
• Experience with project management
• Event planning experience
• Experience using social media professionally (Google+, Facebook, Twitter, other)
• Web and content development expertise
Preferred expertise with:
• Salesforce, other databases
• Google Analytics
• Dropbox and other cloud services
Competitive salary commensurate to experience.
Send your cover letter with RESUME ATTACHED to: JobsRevive@gmail.com
In your cover letter, please explain how you meet all the required qualifications, and tell us why you are the perfect fit for our mission and the position.