The Long Now Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit in San Francisco. We create and deliver ambitious programs like the 10,000 Year Clock, The Rosetta Project, PanLex, The Manual for Civilization, The Interval (an award-winning bar and café in Fort Mason Center), and two public speaking series, Seminars About Long-term Thinking, and Conversations at The Interval.
We are looking for a part time Social Media Associate to support our mission through the sharing of long term thinking content and by giving value to our members and potential members via social media. This role will bringing the “big here” and the “long now” to platforms hyper focused on the right now and the siloed here.
This is a part-time position with regular hours two days a week at our office in Fort Mason Center. In this role you will manage the day-to-day posting to Facebook and Twitter for the Long Now accounts, monitor social media to engage with and respond to member and community questions and inquiries, and conceptualize and execute campaigns to support membership, donations, and project communication. You will collaborate with staff members from a variety of departments to support our ongoing and one-off projects through social media.
To excel in this position you will be creative, collaborative, and self-motivated with strong communication skills. Experience in social media management is a must, with a preference for those who have experience with both paid and organic social media marketing. You must be able to manage requests from multiple teams while communicating priorities and schedules clearly and quickly.
For this position, we are looking for someone who can:
- Support The Long Now Foundation's mission to foster long-term thinking and provide value to members and potential members alike through the coordination of content across Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Own the development, execution, and optimization our organic content for social media - identify and build channel-right campaigns for Facebook, YouTube and Twitter that remain true to the Long Now brand.
- Work collaboratively with Long Now's membership, development, and event teams to support events, campaigns, project updates, and long-term thinking content.
- Monitor social media and engage with members and the public via social media to answer their questions and guide them to the correct resources.
- Support Long Now live events including SALT talks and the salon series at The Interval.
- Identify opportunities to leverage Long Now’s extensive archive of long-term thinking content
Required Experience and Skills:
- An understanding of and appreciation for Long Now's mission and its voice.
- 2 - 3 years in a social media role with experience producing and publishing content on social media across a wide range of channels.
- A demonstrated ability to increase social audiences
- Creative - Enthusiastic about developing a high volume of new ideas that will attract and engage Long Now's audience and the ability to create the assets and copy to execute these ideas.
- Collaborative - Demonstrated success working with cross-functional teams and managing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Individual contributor attitude - Ability to see what needs to be done and get it done in a timely fashion.
- Experience with Facebook Ad Manager preferred not required.
- Familiarity with analytics tools (Google Analytics, Parse.ly, CrowdTangle, etc.) preferred but not required.
- Ability to be at Long Now’s office in Fort Mason Center two days a week. This is not a remote position.
Send an email to email@example.com including:
- A few sentences about why this position interests you
- A link to a resume (or simply pasted into the body of an email)
- Any other links you'd like us to see (your blog, etc)
- Please do not send attachments of any kind-- they will not be opened